Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spelling Lists

In school, I actually enjoyed spelling quite a lot.  I went to parochial school and at the beginning of the week you'd get a spelling list.  On Monday for homework, you would write out each spelling word three times.  Tuesday, you would alphabetize the list.  Wednesday you would write the definition and on Thursday you would use them in sentences.  Using them in sentences was always the best part for me.  Writing the definitions was the worst part because it was tedious.  Especially if a word had multiple meanings.  On Fridays was the test.  I usually got a perfect score.  I have loved words all my life.    

Anyway, it occurred to me that Z1 might enjoy spelling words too.  So I went in search of first grade spelling lists and found this nifty site and this nifty site (which honestly I prefer because many of the words are sight words as opposed to words that can be easily sounded out).  We will incorporate spelling words into our routine and see how it works out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment