Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Soap in a Ziploc Bag

Today's lesson in All About Spelling involved me sealing dishwashing liquid in a zip-close plastic baggie.  :)

Z1 used his pointer finger to "write" the letters that make certain sounds on this baggie  So, for example, I would dictate the sound "s"  or "ch" and he'd "write" the corresponding letter(s) on it.   He loves how the "goo" feels.  I have to admit, so do I.  It's kind of relaxing.  

I'm going to do the same thing with some shaving cream as soon as I can get to the dollar store to buy some cheap shaving cream. 

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. We do this too but we use a paint and flour mixture. It doesn't store well, but my daughter loves it.

    What else are you using for Phonics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we used Hooked on Phonics and finished the program just before he turned 5. I liked it as a consistent (if not repetitive) and comprehensive program. Now that he's reading independently, I'm focused on spelling and comprehension so basically we just do a lot of reading. For Zephy, I use Starfall.

    ReplyDelete