Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Monthly Themes

So I have been loosely following this curriculum for Z1. He has advanced past the preparatory curriculum and so I'm looking into kindergarten material for him. I like the idea of themes presented in the curriculum I was following so instead of weekly themes, I thought we'd do monthly themes and see how that goes. (This homeschooling is a series of attempts and trials.)

So this month's themes is BIRDS. Later, I will list the books and other materials we've collected so far. My plan is to make a birdhouse to put out back so we can attract birds.

Z1 has finally gotten the concept of "Today is Wednesday because yesterday was Tuesday and tomorrow will be Thursday".

He is also able to count to 30 although not 100% comfortably. He is getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment